Monday, August 1, 2011

time lapse photography






For this subject, I decided to experiment. I had read an article called "Flower Whirl" in August issue of Popular Photography.I used my 100 macro lens. I photographed flowers at night for 5 to 10 seconds. There was some light from street signs and passing car lights. No tripod was used.I wanted distortion [ no focus]. Sometimes I would hold it steady with the anticipation of a little movement. Other times I would rotate camera or move up and down. Some of distortions could be considered impressionistic flower paintings. It was fun seeing what patterns I could achieve. One looks like a red fireball.

3 comments:

  1. Great series!!! I am very impressed. Might want to try to adjust the white balance on your RAW conversion so that the white flowers come up white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool idea. The last picture is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the abstract nature of these shots. I love how the first one looks like a fireball.

    ReplyDelete