Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Balance

Okay, so I chose the theme without having anything in mind, and had a hard time coming up with concepts.  The two I came up with represent balance in several different ways.  The first shot represents balance in a literal way, with my old dried up contacts balanced in a tower.  I just had Lasik done this month, so this is me having fun with the remnants.  I also tried to balance the composition with the contacts on the right in the foreground with the glasses on the trashcan on the left in the background.

ISO 100 | 1/125 | f/13.0 | 60mm
The other idea I had was to represent the concept of work/life balance.

f/14.0 | 22mm


2 comments:

  1. Micah,

    Ok, I get what you were trying to do with the Work/Live Balance image, but I have to say it just does not float my boat . . .

    However, I really like the first shot and the story it tells. The shallow DOF is very effective as your eye first is drawn to the contacts and as you ponder just what the heck those things are, you get a hint of the glasses in the background and then it all makes sense. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite picture of the month!!! Though next time we have a game night I want to see you play with that enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete