Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Balance

My first shot is the great game of balance: Jenga.  
f /1.8 |  1/5000 |  ISO 100

This next one is my three year old nephew walking on ice for the first time ever.  His arms helped him keep his balance during our walk.
f/4.5 |  1/1600 |  ISO 200

A very well balanced hand in poker.
f/1.8 |  1/160 |  ISO 100

   And finally, I believe we all have a place where we retreat when our world is demanding different pieces of us all at once.  We seek the serenity of this place and when life feels like it's too much to handle, we run to it.

This is the place where I find inner balance.

f/1.8 |  1/15 |  ISO 100

1 comment:

  1. PapillionMon,

    Your last shot is my favorite of the bunch. This is another shot where the shallow DOF is very effective. I like it a lot but wonder how it would work if the candle were in focus and the foreground were fuzzy. The reason I ask this rhetorical question is the bright candle (because it is bright) is the first thing my eye is drawn to and therefore the main subject - Would it work better if it were in focus. Just a thought . . .

    ReplyDelete