Thursday, July 14, 2011

Late Summer

Thanks for the blog rules reminder, Craig.  On that note, here are my summer pictures posted promptly on the 14th :o)

Don't worry, they were all shot in June...

This year summer for me meant graduation.  My nephew graduated high school in Colorado, so I went out there and was able to visit Helen Hunt Falls near Colorado Springs (this Helen Hunt, not this one.)  Here are a few shots from there:







Summer for me also means water play, or at least it used to when I was a bit younger.  Since my son's birthday is in the summer and he had a party this year, I had fun behind the camera.  This was a great shot of him washing chocolate pudding off of his face (don't ask) with the finger-over-the-hose move, but more so because of the sacrifice.  That water soaked me, my camera, and the rental lens I had on at the time.  Luckily everything survived.


I could contrive a reason and say summer means "clear nights with a full moon", but the reality is that this is just a shot that I really like that happened to be shot in June:

2 comments:

  1. The CO ones are great. Nice use of the wide angle lens :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the water hose and Jake! Nice photo!

    ReplyDelete