Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summer!

For this month's theme I had a few different ideas. I couldn't decide which way to go, so I am just posting all of them!

My first submission was taken downtown Omaha at the Prairie Pioneer sculpture. It was a beautiful summer day (90 degrees!) and we took my mom to see it. These statues are just amazing and the kids enjoyed jumping on the limestsone and thinking about what the people were doing as they crossed the prairie.


This second entry is a typical summer evening on my driveway. This one was especially funny because they were all Gavin's Toy Story toys and they looked like they had all just stopped moving like they do in the movie and were laying there waiting for me to finish taking their picture!





These next two are typical summer afternoons with the kids and the baby pool. On this day, Gavin was being very mischevious and it ended with me getting very wet!











The last five are from our totally spontaneous trip to Adventureland. We awoke one Saturday morning and asked ourselves "What should we do today?" 1 hour later were in the car on our way to Des Moines, and had what our kids described later as the "BEST DAY EVER!"

Hope you all are enjoying your summer!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. These pictures are great. The only advice I would give would be on the first one. I would increase the amount of space between the horse's head and the edge of the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mike. I'm still working on framing pictures when I take them. I usually do more with cropping afterward. I appreciate the tip. Also, I'm still working on using the manual setting to get better 'blurred' images with the subject in focus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just realized in the one photo of Gavin, that's a nice looking house in the background. I agree with Mike, don't crop too close, try to include your neighbors! I can also verify that photo was taken in June because I can see my new smoker in the background.

    ReplyDelete