Monday, January 31, 2011

Bright Colors

I had these grandiose plans for the bright color theme.  My visions included taking pictures of neon colored clothing (remember the 90's?), capturing the motion blur trail of the tail lights left by cars whizzing by on 96th street and finally pictures of the rainbow that Skittles advertises on their bag....I wanted to do something with the candy rainbow inside.  But alas, plans change and realizations are made (it was too cold at night to shoot pictures on 96th street....no one I know owns neon clothing, etc).

Here are the images I shot instead.  They were all taken with my "nifty fifty" lens that I received at Christmas.  I used all artificial light in the basement, which was very hard for me...I prefer shooting outdoors.


f/4.5    1/250    ISO 1600 

f/4.5   1/200   ISO 1600

f/22.0   1/5    ISO 1600


   These next two pictures are my favorite.  My daughter, Danielle, is my partner in glow-stick picture taking.  She has become very good at taking the image from my imagination and turning it into reality.

f/18.0    3sec.   ISO 1600

f/18.0    8sec.  ISO 1600

1 comment:

  1. Awesome images, I especial like the butterfly. I hove always loved painting with light. You have done a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete