Monday, January 31, 2011

Mike's Colour Images

I had many ideas for this month’s theme but in the end I settled on two concepts. The first is a technique that I have been doing for a while now. In it I combine different liquids (usually milk, oil and food coloring) to achieve an other worldly effect. In the provided exempts below I have started to control my subject more to achieve a predetermined result.



My second concept is one that I have been thinking about doing for several years now. I have always wanted to photograph the human eye. I was amazed with the amount of detail I could get from the iris. I photographed both Jaimie and Logan and I am amazed on how different their Iris’s can be in color and in design. There is no doubt I will be doing more of these in the future.


3 comments:

  1. Great idea for use of eyes. Who has the orange eye?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice self portrait Mike (eye No. 2) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the eye pictures...the reflection of you in Logan's eye is a cool effect, even if it was unintentional.

    ReplyDelete